Saturday, February 14, 2015


Nardina Alongi and Greenlandic Translations do not pay the translator if the client does not pay


I was contacted by Nardina Alongi of Globale Kommunikation or Greenlandic translations in September to do urgent Trados translations for a new major client, Suzuki Tanaka. The work involved operating manuals for various versions of Audi cars and was more than urgent. Upon agreeing on the price - the highest she ever pays is 0.04 cents per source word, I spent five intensive days completing the project. The bill for the work was just over Euro 1000.

Usually as an agency, if it were me, I would exert some due diligence and research the client for any past history. Something Nardina Alongi did not do. It took me 3 minutes to find out that Mr Hanuka was a notorious translation scammer and would never pay. I informed the translation company of my findings and strangely enough Nardina Alongi could not find a telephone number for Mr Suzuki, allegedly in England.



At the outset I feel somewhat sorry for greenlandic translation management and did not bill for September 2014 but decided to wait if they could find a way of tracking Mr Hanuka down. This involved contatcing Audi to see if thety cooulod track the translation comapny to which these files had been assigned for translation - until today no luck.

But just wait to hear about the reaction of Frau Dr. Nardina Alongi when I had the cheek in February 2015 to ask for payment.

No comments:

Post a Comment