Sunday, February 15, 2015


Comments from another freelancer no longer in the employment of Nardina Alongi


As for Nardina:
She told me the same thing >.... I will not pay you, I have deducted the money of your last invoice and don't contact me anymore .... anything I have to say to her I should send to Peter, she doesn't have time to deal with me .....  
I've send an e-mail to her and xxxx stating that if I have not received payment in full by the due date I would involve a collection agency .... I guess she thought I was bluffing, but I did what I said and one week later received my outstanding money.
Anyway, what you do is your business, however, that woman gets away with murder. Considering what I and my xxxxxx have done all for her, only one computer back then .... working in shifts / or flipping back and forth because she needed Lori to proofread something, find translators for her, etc. .... and as soon as the translators handed in the work and Nardina had their contact information, she screwed Lori out of her commission. 
I'm also curious .... did you have anything to do with the book translation: Meet me in the Dark? That's how it all started >..... after Nardina submitted the first 60% to the client, the client was very unhappy and Lori was asked to proofread it. The formatting and translation was so bad that I had to get involved because everything needed to be checked against the source text. She told me that you did the proofreading and I told her that I find that hard to believe!!!! We were offered 200€, that's all Nardina could pay us, so to make her look good we accepted. Then Nardina and the client had a fall-out and 5 days into the project I was told to stop, she is not working for that client anymore. Come to think of it, I never got reimbursed for the 5 days either. I was also told not to have any contact with the client. I told Nardina that it is not her client anymore and if the client contacts me .... why should I not work with her, I'm a freelancer. However, Nardina said that I belong to GK and that she doesn't trust me anymore and I will not get any more work from her. What a nice woman!!! Before that, at the beginning of August, for the first time ever, I turned down a project Nardina gave me and was told that I'm not a team player, ... Colin is a team player and would never do that to her. I've told her that I've been doing every project for whatever rate she offered for over 8 months for her and that I can hardly be called not being a team player. Peter answered that she was stressed and didn't mean it. Well, I'm sorry, live goes up and down and everybody has their problems, however, that doesn't mean that you treat people badly that have been loyal to you. 
What it comes down to: She thinks she is all so professional and everybody else mistreats her. Yeah, right.

No comments:

Post a Comment